St Anne’s in Bloom is a voluntary group dedicated to supporting our town by helping to provide a bright and attractive environment. We work with residents, local organisations, businesses, St Anne’s Town Council and Fylde Borough council, to create wonderful bloom filled public spaces, promote interest in gardening, and support local events.
Throughout the year we plant and maintain numerous beds, containers and large planters around the town centre to create attractive floral displays.
With sponsorship from local businesses and our own fund raising events we are able to put on a magnificent floral display each year. We have worked hard to maintain some of the floral features in the town and to introduce new ones.
We receive support and generous donations from the public and the many businesses in St Anne’s. We would not be able to achieve the numerous projects that help improve our town for the people that live here and for the many visitors that visit each year with out their help.
We are extremely grateful for all the support, encouragement and sponsorship we receive from the local community. Do a little, change a lot
St. Anne’s on the Sea In Bloom has a committee and is a fully constituted organisation, Meetings are held monthly and Volunteers are always welcome. We work closely with Fylde Borough Council and St Anne’s on the Sea Town Council, but mainly support community groups around the town.
The committee consists of:
- Chairman – Fiona Boismaison
- Treasurer – Tony Ford
- Note Taker – Sandra Pitman
Other Committee members:
- Gillian West
- Monica Pople
- Pam Curtis
- Ian Roberts
- Judith Rigg
St. Anne’s on the Sea In Bloom activities and projects include:
- Participation in the annual North West In Bloom competition
- Working with ‘Friends Of…’ groups representing local parks and gardens
- Promoting and organising ‘Best Front Gardens’ competitions
- Community allotments on Blundell Road and Shepherd Road
- Working with schools to improve eco-awareness and develop young gardeners
- Supporting Fylde Borough Council’s planting in the town by providing and maintaining bedding in troughs and tubs. We raise funding from local businesses for this.
If you know of any sites in St. Anne’s that would benefit from a little TLC? – then please get in touch