The judging of St Anne’s by RHS Judges 2017
The two judges were taken to meet voluntary community groups, organisations and businesses who support us all over St Anne’s On Sea. The judging started at 9.30 and finished at about 4pm and it was paced so that they could talk to the people involved.
It was clear they enjoyed their visit and especially meeting everyone and learning about their contribution to making St Anne’s a great place to be. The contributors were knowledgeable and enthusiastic which I know was appreciated.
We unknowingly gate-crashed two parties on our trip around and happened to meet the FBC Mayor and Mayoress (John Singleton and Geraldine Singleton) at Clifton Hospital at the hospital’s celebration for the opening of their Dementia Friendly Garden. The Ormerod Trust were holding a community Teddy Bears’ Picnic which was also a happy occasion to be momentarily part of. It was wonderful to be made so welcome at these two events.
I am hoping that the judges’ positive response is going to stand us in good stead when the results are revealed at the North West In Bloom Award Ceremony later in the year in November.
Thank you to all our volunteers and supporters for presenting such a good image of our town. Officers from Fylde Borough Council gave us valuable advice and practical help with our judging day. They ensured the route was looking its best too. Thank you for this.
Should you wish to be part of this competition next year either as a contributor or as a volunteer then please use the contact page to let us know.
These are the places and contributors the RHS judges visited:
• Pier Cafe
• Beach Clean Team – Emma Whitlock and volunteers
• Dunes Preservation Group – Kate Owen and volunteers
• Peace and Happiness Garden – Volunteers of St Anne’s in Bloom
• Braxfield Court – Tony Barrow and residents
• Ashton Gardens – FBC Staff and volunteers also SOAG members
• Train Station – Friends of St Anne’s Railway Station
• Crescent Gardens – Friends of Crescent Gardens
• Ormerod Trust – Michelle Riches, Angie and service users
• Hope St Park – Friends of Hope St Park
• Shepherd Rd Allotments – Committee members of Shepherd Rd Allotments
• Royal Lytham St Anne’s Golf Club
• Clifton Hospital’s Dementia Friendly Garden
• Promenade Gardens
Chair St Anne’s on Sea In Bloom